Universitas Airlangga Faculty of Law is one of the oldest law faculties in Indonesia. At first, it was a branch of the Faculty of Law, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta. Then in 1954, the establishment of Airlangga University was inaugurated by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno, then the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Law were established as the first three faculties of Universitas Airlangga. Some of the leading Law Scholars in Indonesia, including Prof. Mr. A.G. Pringgodigdo (State Secretary of the Republic of Indonesia in President Soekarno’s Cabinet), became the founder of the Faculty of Law, Universitas Airlangga. With an excellent reputation in implementing higher education in law, since the 1970s, the Faculty of Law, Universitas Airlangga, has been trusted by the Ministry of National Education to become a supervisor in developing other law faculties in eastern Indonesia.
The department is one of the elements of the faculty that organizes academic activities. Department in charge of Section. Each lecturer in the faculty is in a certain section according to the field of science that is the focus. The Department is chaired by the Head of the Department and the Section is chaired by the Section Chair.
The Support Unit is one of the faculty elements that organizes supporting activities at the Faculty of Law, Universitas Airlangga.