Obiter Dicta is a platform that contains opinions about the latest legal developments and events, summaries of research and community service from the academic community of the Faculty of Law, Airlangga University, and parties affiliated with the Faculty of Law, University of Airlangga (alumni). The purpose of this platform is to serve as a forum for channeling and exchanging ideas and information about the latest legal developments, research activities, and community service carried out by the Academic Community of the Faculty of Law, Universitas Airlangga.
OBITER DICTA is published two times in 1 month.
Content submitted to OBITER DICTA may not contain elements of SARA, pornography, hate speech, and copyright infringement.
The Editor has the right to refuse/not display content (text, photos, or videos) if it does not comply with the Editor’s provisions.
General Provisions of Writing
- Do not plagiarize or copy-paste content belonging to other people or other parties.
- The writing or content that is made is not plagiarized and is the author’s original work. If someone writes content in the form of ideas, quotes, or opinions from other parties, then it is required to mention the primary source.
- Opinion Title.
- Opinion articles contain subjective analyses of a discussed topic or legal issue.
- Opinion articles contain supporting facts and opinions, the main ideas resulting from subjective analysis accompanied by normative and/or conceptual basis.
- These opinions and facts are interrelated and mutually reinforcing. The opinion is an argument from the author’s point of view which is the main idea. Meanwhile, attributes can be data or evidence of an incident or actual event that supports it.
- Opinion articles are written in a simple, straightforward, and firm language style with 700-1000 words using Times New Roman font size 12, justified to left and right, 1.5 spacing with additional space after the paragraph. Long sentences, and long paragraphs, can confuse readers.
- Opinions expressed by contributors in this media are personal views and do not represent the institution of the Faculty of Law, Universitas Airlangga.
Research Summary & Community Service Summary
- The research summary must include information about research or community service activities (Title of Research, Year of Research, and Source of Funding).
- A summary of community service activities must include a photo of the action.
Content can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Obiter Dicta” along with clear identification such as full name, Student’s number (only for UNAIR FH students), and alumni can include the year of alumni and institution origin).