The 2018 International Law Conference (the 1st I-NLAC)
About the 1st iNLAC
In conjunction with the 50th anniversary of the Faculty of Law, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), the faculty jointly collaborates with Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC), Fakultas Hukum of Airlangga University, Indonesia and Western Sydney University, Australia to organise the International Law Conference 2018 in September this year. The conference welcomes all as it provides an international forum for all to share experiences, knowledge and innovation, encourage the flourishing of intellectual development and provide opportunities for networking and collaboration in a multi-disciplinary platform. This event also aspires to provide enriching opportunities that transcend the needs and demands of the last century to face our complex and challenging technology-impacted world. Abstracts should focus on the theme of the conference: ‘Law, Technology and the Imperative of Change in the 21st Century’. This conference focuses on interactive and adaptive research across all domains with the law as its embryo.
- Provide a networking platform for researchers and practitioners.
- Promote joint research activities.
- Enable the establishment of international collaborative research.
- Evaluate the state of academic and practice-based knowledge related to legal research.
The following list covers some of the topics to be presented at the conference. We also welcome papers on other subjects related to the conference objectives.
- Track 1: Legal Education
- Track 2: Law, Science and Technology
- Track 3: International Law
- Track 4: Dispute Resolution
- Track 5: Constitutional Law/Human Rights/Ethics and Law
- Track 6: Land Use and Planning Law
- Track 7: Construction Law
- Track 8: Women and Child Law
- Track 9: Family Law
- Track 10: Medical Law
- Track 11: Islamic/ Shariah / Halal Law
- Track 12: Environmental Policies and Governance
- Track 13: Intellectual Property Law
- Track 14: Commercial/ Consumer /Law and Economics
- Track 15: Maritime Law
- Track 16: Conflict of Laws
- Track 17: International Trade
- Track 18: Competition Law
- Dato ‘Rahmat Mohammad (UiTM)
- Rahmi Jened (Airlangga University)
- Steven Freeland (WSU)