HISTORY OF ILSA
ILSA is an international law student association dedicated to promote International Law. ILSA seeks to promote International Law; encourage communication and cooperation among international students and lawyers; contribute to legal education; promote social responsibility in the field of law; increase opportunities for students to Learning about other cultures and legal systems around the world; and publish educational and career opportunities in International Law. ILSA serves as an organization that protects its members. There is an independent entity within the ILSA branch, yet members of the ILSA organization are larger. This structure allows ILSA branch to meet the unique needs of its members, while maintaining access to international network from sources collected, both academic and organizational. By upholding that spirit, ILSA Chapter Unair was established. One of ILSA's chapters is ILSA Chapter of Airlangga University. The Articles of Association of the chapter was established on March 21, 2015 while the Bylaws was formed on March 27, 2015. Following the establishment of the Articles of Association and Bylaws of the ILSA Chapter Unair, the ratification was held on 29 September 2015 which was attended by Vice Dean I at that time Prof. Dr. Eman, SH, MS, Vice Dean II Mrs. Koesrianti, SH, LL.M., Ph.D., Mrs. Wadek III Ibu Nurul Barizah SH, LL.M., Ph.D., and Chairman of International Law Department, Mr. Iman Prihandono SH, LLM, Ph.D and lecturers of international law department.
Terms of Service
One period of stewardship is one year
PROCEDURES FOR RECRUITMENT
1. Stewardship: stewardship is chosen through deliberation of consensus on Annual Conference.
2. Members: every student requesting international law is a member. Other students who register as a
member of Airlangga University chapter is officially become a member after open house.
3. Staff: elected based in open recruitment, for members interested, the must fill in registration form and
the desired division. Each division officer will interview the registrant. Officer selects staff and an
announcement is made for the selected officer.
ACTIVITIES THAT HAVE BEEN PERFORMED
1. Open House of ILSA UNAIR Chapter
It is the introduction of the International Law Students Association (ILSA) to the new students of the Faculty of Law UNAIR which is routinely conducted in every new academic year. The purpose of this event is to recruit members.
2. Oil and Gas Seminar
Oil and Gas Seminar is one of the work programs of the division of Academic and Research of ILSA UNAIR Chapter. The theme carried was Environment Friendly Principles as Limitation of National Interest Principle In Article 33 of the 1945 Constitution of 1945 on the Management and Utilization of Oil and Gas. Speakers at this seminar were alumni of FH UNAIR n Johannes C. Sahetapy From Akset Law Firm And Mochammad Kasmali from Soemadipraja and Taher Law Firm. Both law firms are located in Jakarta and specialize in environmental field.
Date: September 30, 2015.
3. International Humanitarian Law Moot Court Competition
It is an international moot court with the theme of humanitarian law (law of war). In the event, ILSA Chapter Airlangga University sent 3 delegates, 2 Oralist And 1 Researcher. In 2013 IHL, ILSA delegation achieved “Spirit of the Moot Award”. In 2015, one of Oralist of ILSA delegation received 6th best speakers. The event was held at the Faculty of Law of Atma Jaya Catholic University, Jakarta. The competition is followed by Mega Indah Permata, Cristian, Anggraeni Sampurna, and Pradnya Paramitha.
Date: 20 to 22 December 2015
4. Study Excursion
This activity is routinely conducted for 7th semester students of international legal interest, to add insight and knowledge of the world of work. Excursion Study was conducted in Singapore to visit several institutions relevant to international law including Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, Supreme Court, Center for International Law National University Of Singapore, Singapore International Arbitration Center and Mori Hamada Matsumoto And Partners. The activity was conducted with assistance from Various parties including alumni, lecturers and donor parties.
Date: 23 till 26 November 2015
5. GALA ILSA
This event aims to keep the ropes of the members with new students and to strengthen fraternity among ILSA members. It also introduces ILSA Chapter UNAIR work program. The event was conducted at the Faculty of Law Unair.
Date: December 16, 2015
6. International Law Weeks
It is a series of academic and social activities regarding introduction and understanding of international law with the theme “Welcoming Asean Economic Community 2016”. It was held on December 10, 2015 to December 17, 2015. The activity is Case Overview Regarding Us Cigarette, Blood Donor, Bike to Campus, Watching films on Human Rights, Opinion And Photography Contest, and closed with the Legal Training And Career Planning of Assegaf Hamzah & Partners.
Date: 10 to 17 December 2015
7. Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition is an international fair court competition organized by International Law Student Association (ILSA) and is followed annually by International Law Student Association (ILSA) Chapter UNAIR. The event was held on January 29, 2016 until January 31, 2016 at Faculty of Law, Indonesia University, Depok. ILSA Representative in the event were I Gusti Adika Satriawan Ranuh as the head of the delegation, Fitri Nuril Islamy as vice chairman of the delegation, and Chesa Ramadhan, Mutiara Kaih Ramadhani, Jasmine Amelia Ulfah, Bima Danubrata Adhijoso, Dewi Santoso Yuniarti, Zulfikar Dimas Winarno as members delegation. One of the series of the activities is to visit Makarim & Taira S. Counselors at Law in Jakarta. In this competition, ILSA Chapter UNAIR team managed to bring trophy Spirit of the Jessup Award, 2 nd rank for the memorial of the Respondent, and
6th Overall rank.
Date: 29 till 31 January 2016
UPCOMING EVENT *
1. Annual Conference 2016 (March 2016)
2. Open Recruitment International Moot Court Competition – Phase I (March – May 2016)
3. International Moot Court Class – Phase I (April 2016)
4. Preparation for International Humanitarian Law (IHL) International Moot Court Competition (June –
5. Working Meeting I (July 2016)
6. News Letter Launch (August 2016)
7. Open Recruitment International Moot Court Competition – Phase Ii (September – October 2016)
8. Gala ILSA 2016 (September 2016)
9. Evaluation Meeting I (September 2016)
10. International Law Discussion (September 2016)
11. International Moot Court Class – Phase Ii (September 2016)
12. Meeting of the Big Members I (October 2016)
13. Seminar And Workshop (October 2016)
14. Evaluation Meeting II (October 2016)
15. Study Excursion (November 2016)
16. Evaluation Meeting III (November 2016)
17. Mun Class (November 2016)
18. Evaluation Meeting IV (December 2016)
19. International Law Week 2016 (December 2016)
20. The Second Major Meeting of Members (December 2016)
21. International Law Research (December 2016)
22. Evaluation Meeting V (January 2017)
23. Annual Conference (March 2017)
*) Timeline is adjusted to management of 2016-2017
SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILE
Id : @ Dez8188o
Name : ILSA CHAPTER UNAIR
ILSA CHAPTER UNAIR