Legal Profession Education and Training Center (P4H)
FACULTY OF LAW AIRLANGGA UNIVERSITY
In carrying out its mission as a provider of higher education of law, to produce graduates who become professional jurists, formal education in undergraduate, master and doctoral levels and professional education that aims to strengthen and develop the skills and expertise of legal professionals are conducted.
Through continuing professional education, legal professionals will always have opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills in law in accordance with the development of law in theory and practice. Continuous professional education that synergizes academicians and practitioners in a structured legal training program will narrow the gap between the world of academics and the world of legal practitioners who are expected to strengthen the competence of legal professionals to be better prepared in the face of developments in the professional world.
Faculty of Law of Airlangga University is currently supported by qualified teaching staff / master, doctoral and professors who are very valuable assets for the faculty. Moreover Faculty of Law Airlangga University also has fairly complete educational facilities such as classrooms, auditoriums and laboratories which are all equipped with multimedia facilities. These potentials will be be optimized for the progress and development of faculty including through sustainable legal education activities handled in a structured and managed in institutional manner that it can be utilized for all parties, especially in order to realize the vision of the Faculty of Law to become a provider of higher education law that produces Professional jurists. To optimize these potentials, a Legal Profession Education and Training Center (P4H) was established which specifically manages continuing professional education.
- Vision, Mission and Purpose of Establishment
The vision of P4H is to be the center of quality, practice and practice development for professional jurists in the field of legal practice in a structured and sustainable manner.
To realize the vision, mission set by P4H are:
- Promoting the development of long-learning career in every area of the legal profession;
- Carrying out continuous professional development program / activity / forum continuously (continuing professional development) systematically, academically structurally and periodically;
- Carrying out continuous legal education in tailor made in accordance with the needs of third parties
Based on the vision and the established mission, the purpose of the establishment of P4H are:
- Becoming Revenue Generating Unit (RGU) for Faculty of Law Airlangga University;
- Being an institution that manages and optimizes the potential of both faculty of human resources and facilities for the advancement and development of the Faculty of Law Faculty of Airlangga University;
- Improving the expertise and competence of the legal profession through the implementation of continuing legal education with minimum curriculum that has been prepared;
- Reminding the quality of legal professions through scientific forums that present the development of current legal issues and or special topics in the field of the relevant legal profession;
- Improving the quality of the legal profession by opening braided and optimizing network of cooperation with third parties related to the development of the legal profession.
III. Institutional Relation of P4H and Faculty
Relationship Pattern of P4H with Faculty
- Center for CLE is an institution directly under the Faculty, managers of Center for CLE is responsible and obliged to report performance to the Faculty Leaders on a regular basis.
Pattern of P4H Relation with Department and Unit of Study
In addition to P4H, the Faculty also has a study unit based on the scholarly basis of each lecturer, P4H has a coordination and partnership relationship with the units in question.
Activities undertaken by P4H do not overlap with the activities of the Study Program, nor the Department. Activities of Seminar, Training, Workshop and Upgrading which is a routine of Study Program, Department and P4H still can be implemented by Study Program, Department and P4H.
- Organization structure
- Forms and Areas of Activity
The form of P4H activities is certification training either initiation from P4H itself or from third party suggestions. The types of training are:
+ Regular training
- Special Education of Advocate Profession (PKPA)
- Training of Intellectual Property Rights Consultant (IPR)
- Capital Market Legal Consultant Training
- Contract Drafting Training
- Legal Auditors Training
+ Training upon request of cooperation with third parties
- Specialized training in addition to those listed in point 1 with due regard to activities undertaken by the Department, Work Unit or Study Program.
Building and Room
Building and Room Utilization at the Faculty of Law Airlangga University can be given to facilitate activities undertaken by P4H.